1. These general gaming conditions apply to the promotion of “Big Grocery Giveaway” organised by Kepak Convenience Foods, Unit 3 Block 10, Blanchardstown Corporate Park, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15, Ireland (“Kepak”) as promoter, promoting Big Al’s.
2. The Promotion is only open to residents of the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland, aged 18 and over on or before date of entry. Proof of age may be required. One winner of the prize will be picked randomly from entrants.
3. Kepak’s decision is final on all matters relating to the Promotion. Entry into the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
4. The Promotion excludes employees, and their immediate relatives, of Kepak and their agents, or anyone professionally connected with this Promotion.
5. Closing date for entries is 16.12.2012, late entries will be disqualified.
6. Neither Kepak nor any of its agencies can be held responsible for a breakdown in communication systems that may result in an entry not being registered.
7. The personal details of entrants will be used solely for the distribution of the prize, unless the entrant has given permission to contact them in the future, or the entrant has ‘liked’ the Big Al’s Facebook page.
8. The main prize is free groceries for a year to the value of €5,200 / £4,420 to be distributed in cheque format in one lump sum. Weekly prizes of €50 / £40 grocery vouchers will also be won for a period of 16 weeks until 17.06.2012
9. The prize does not consist of anything other than is expressly set out in term 8 above.
10. The prize is as stated and is non-transferable. No cash or other alternative prizes are available in whole or in part, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control, Kepak reserves the right to provide alternative similar prizes of equal or greater value. Prize contents are subject to availability.
11. Following the closing date on 30.09.2012, the winner will be randomly selected from all valid entries to the Promotion, under independent supervision. The winner will be notified by email within 28 days of the prize draw. Upon notification, arrangements will be made for the distribution of the prize. Should Kepak be unable (for any reason) to contact the winner within 5 days of being selected, Kepak reserves the right to select an alternative winner who shall be selected at random from all of the entries received.
12. The winner’s abbreviated name and city will be made available after 31.10.12 for a period of 30 days, to those making a request for the same by sending a stamped, self addressed envelope to Kepak Convenience Foods, Unit 3 Block 10, Blanchardstown Corporate Park, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15, Ireland
14. By entering the Promotion, entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment. Such publicity may include without limitation use of the entrant’s name and/or likeness, voice, photographs and/or video footage of the entrant, biographical information provided by the entrants and/or any statement made by them concerning the Promotion and/or the prize. Entrants agree that any or all such elements may be used by Kepak in any and all media in perpetuity throughout the world as Kepak in its sole discretion sees fit.
15. Kepak reserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event that it has reasonable grounds for believing that the selected winner has contravened any of these Terms. Any alternative winner will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original winner.
16. Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winner under these terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood and natural catastrophes. Without prejudice to the foregoing, Kepak shall not be liable for damage of any nature suffered by entrants from (or in connection with) participating in the Promotion and/or prize, to the extent permitted by law.
17. All communications, questions or complaints relating to the Promotion should be made via Kepak’s customer services department through the “talk to us” facility offered on the website www.bigals.ie or by emailing email@example.com
18. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing information to Kepak Convenience Foods Ltd and not to Facebook. Facebook is in no way liable for the administration or handling of this competition.
19. Kepak reserves the right to request the winner to return a signed copy of these terms and conditions prior to delivery of the prize.